Chocolate Chip & Potato Chip Cookies
Who says you can’t bake with potato chips?
This recipe is an innovative twist on a classic. The combination of crunchy chips with coconut, chocolate chips, and a little touch of coffee is out of this world! Serve these sweet and salty creation to your friends and dare them to guess your delicious secret!
2 cups all-purpose gluten free baking flour or your favorite blend
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup canola oil or butter (chewy or crisp)
2 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 cup brewed coffee
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
5 oz. of your favorite potato chips (about 4 cups or 75 chips), processed till finely minced but not mealy
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Process 4 cups of potato chips and weigh until you have 5 oz. (about half the bag).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Stir in the brown sugar, and mix until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil (or butter), vanilla extract, agave and 5 tablespoons coffee.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. If the dough is too stiff, add more coffee as needed to soften. The finished dough should be thick.
7. Stir in potato chips.
8. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place two inches apart onto a sheet pan lined with parchment. Bake on the bottom rack for 15-17 minutes.
9. Remove from oven to cool for five minutes then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
10. Repeat until all dough is used.