Potato & Crab Salad
Tired of the same old potato salad recipe?
Why not mix things up with this combination? Just a few extra ingredients and - Boom! - you’ve got a rich, yet refreshing salad. Perfect for picnics and barbecues, this dish won’t leave anyone feeling ‘crabby’!
1⁄2 lb. lump crabmeat
3 large Idaho potatoes
3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp. sour cream
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
2 whole scallions, finely chopped
Few sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Pick any bits of shell out of crabmeat and set aside.
2. Cut potatoes into thirds, place in a medium saucepan, cover with salted water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Drain and, when cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1⁄4"-thick slices.
4. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, arrange several slices of potato on a platter and season with salt and pepper. Smooth some dressing on top, sprinkle with scallions and parsley, then add a layer of crab. Repeat, making several layers and ending with crab on top.