Corned Beef Hash
Perfect for a cozy weekend breakfast, this recipe is a tasty classic.
The salty corned beef and buttery potatoes make a truly winning combination! The fresh parsley really brightens the flavors and offers a nice punch of color. Pair this with some freshly brewed coffee and a fruit salad and you’ll be ready to tackle any weekend project or road trip!
2-3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2-3 cups finely chopped, cooked corned beef
2-3 cups chopped cooked potatoes, preferably Yukon gold
Salt and pepper
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat butter in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) on medium heat. Add the onion and cook a few minutes, until translucent.
2. Mix in the chopped corned beef and potatoes. Spread out evenly over the pan. Increase the heat to high or medium high and press down on the mixture with a metal spatula.
3. Do not stir the potatoes and corned beef, but let them brown. If you hear them sizzling, this is good. Use a metal spatula to peak underneath and see if they are browning. If nicely browned, use the spatula to flip sections over in the pan so that they brown on the other side. Press down again with the spatula. If there is too much sticking, you can add a little more butter to the pan. Continue to cook in this manner until the potatoes and the corned beef are nicely browned.
4. Remove from heat, stir in chopped parsley. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper, and add salt to taste.
5. Serve with fried or poached eggs for breakfast.