Main Dish Potato Salad
No longer the side dish!
This new take on a classic potato recipe transforms what was once a humble side dish into a one-dish meal!
- 2 lbs Maine potatoes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb cooked roast pork or veal
- 1 large onion
- 1 pimiento
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Cook peeled potatoes, cool and dice. Mix in celery.
- Dice cooked, cooled roast. (May be leftover pork or veal).
- Finely mince onion and dice pimiento.
- Add with meat to potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together mayo and mustard, then mix into salad.
- You may also use your favorite potato salad dressing. Nice served on a bed of lettuce.