Potato, Spinach & Garlic Soup
Warm up with this tasty and healthy option!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 lb fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 Maine potatoes, cut into half inch dice
- In heavy soup pot, heat olive oil over medium.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, onion, and basil. Stir 4 to 5 minutes. Do not let garlic burn.
- Add chicken stock, spinach and potatoes and boil gently until potatoes are soft.
- You may serve with grated parmesan on top, if desired. *This recipe may be halved.