Red Potato & Spinach Cream Soup
A rich soup mixed with cream for full-bodied flavor!
- 3 to 4 cups sliced Maine red potatoes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. spinach, washed well and shredded coarsely
- 4 leeks, washed well and thinly sliced (white and tender green section)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 drops Tabasco (or more if desired). May also add a little dry sherry.
- Simmer vegetables in chicken stock until soft.
- Puree in blender or with immersion blender or food processor. Add cream, season to taste.
- Re-heat carefully; do not allow to boil.