Maine Potatoes and Pork, Acadian–style
- 1 ½ lb boneless pork (may also use beef)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ cup hot water
- 4 large peeled and sliced Maine potatoes
- Use a heavy skillet (cast iron is traditional). Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes, salt and pepper to taste and brown well in oil.
- Add the onions and sauté until soft.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water and add to skillet. Simmer until meat is tender.
- Add potatoes, bring to boil, and then cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Add additional hot water if necessary to keep from going dry. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary.