Maine Red Potatoes with Browned Butter
- 7-8 medium unpeeled Maine red potatoes, about 2 pounds, quartered
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes in heavy pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy pan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook 5-7 minutes until light golden brown, stirring continuously. Do not let butter burn.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, until butter is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes and place in a serving dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with browned butter and toss to coat. Serve.